This is a western style sitting room.
They have their toilets in a separate room and yes those slippers are for you to use only in the toilet room.
I love the shower rooms, it is quite ingenious when you think about it the whole room can get wet it would be great for kids. The tub is short but really deep, and you traditionally keep warm water in the tub with a cover on it and you would shower before and then get in the tub to relax.
This is in between the toilet room and the shower room a great place to get ready.
This is the room set up for the night you can see the table on the right side when the futon is but away the table it in the middle of the room. It was so comfortable.
We stayed here for two nights and it was so fun we got very traditional Japanese dinners I really liked some things and other things not so much.
This is our group, and yes we are the youngest there, but it was great to be able to go with Cody's parents and spend some time relaxing. The women in the front in the different yukata is your tour guide Junko Ito she was amazing!
This is a picture of a Torii gate on Lake Ashi it was a beautiful day even though is was misty.
These are hot springs that you find in Hakone and it is cool that boil eggs here, and when they are done the eggs are jet black on the outside but are just a regular hard boiled egg on the inside. The Japanese believe that if you eat one you will live 7 years longer, eat 2 live 20 years longer and if you eat 3 you will live until you die.
And yes I did eat my egg, it tasted just like a hard boiled egg and I was soaked by the time we got to the top it was raining like crazy!
Before I forget for those of you who read this but want to see more pictures I have uploaded tons of them on facebook. You can go to www.facebook.com/hbarrus and it will take you to my page if you don't have a facebook account but would still like to see them let me know and I can send you a invite to see them.
Cory is now seriously considering not doing a cruise for our 5 year anniversary and going to Japan! I am not sure if it will happen! lol
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty cool Heidi! I love the slippers for the bathroom. In Brazil the bathrooms are all tile too so you can get everything wet and you're still ok. Love it!!
ReplyDelete