Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bear Lake

So Cody's work was kind enough to pay for all the employees and families to go to Pickileville Playhouse by Bear Lake. Since dinner started at 6:30 and the play at 8p.m. we decided to make a day out of it. And it was Raspberry Days!
So we left during Zach's first nap and arrived there about 11:30 and began our way to the park for Raspberry days. The fair was what you would expect food vendors and craft booths, but they were missing something that I thought was very important RASPBERRIES! Not one booth selling raspberries!!! We did pass one booth on the way to the park that has chocolate covered raspberries, jam,and syrup. But that was it I was very disappointed in the fair! I wanted to get a raspberry overload!!
But oh well at least Bear Lake was fun. Now for those of you who don't know after living in Logan for 5 years now I have never made it a priority to drive to Bear Lake and play so this was a first for Zach and I!

So for all of you who I know want to see the pictures here they are!

These are the impromptu to swimming pictures. Just outside the park was the boardwalk down to the lake so we decided to go for a walk and Zach really wanted to play in the water and of course the swimming suites were in the car so I striped him down to the diaper and let him go at it!






He loved the sand he would pick it up and try to throw it and you can see where a lot of it landed! Not to mention the few eye rubs.

These next two are from the North part of Bear Lake later in the day when we actually had the swimming suites!







After all of the fun we went to the playhouse and it was great they had a western cookout before the show and Cody and I both got steak which was a very good thing because I think Zach ate half of mine and a good portion of Cody's! Then we went to the show which was Thoroughly Modern Millie which was a lot of fun and they encourage you to bring your family including the little ones. So Zach was able to go and he loved it clapped with everyone else and loved the music not to too thrilled when they were just talking! Zach stayed up for the whole show because there was just way too much to see. But at about 9:45 he gave up trying to keep himself up and tried to fall asleep on my shoulder, but as soon as he was almost asleep we would clap or some loud noise would happen on the stage and he would be startled and look around then lay back down. The play lasted until 10:15 and he stayed awake the whole time even though he was so tired, as we were walking back to the car he tried to go to sleep and as soon as I put him into his car seat he was gone! It was really quite funny! All in all it was a great day can't complain much!

2 comments:

  1. Raspberry days with no Raspberries???? MADNESS!!!

    Glad the monster had fun playing in the water. And that you made it through the play with no major meltdowns. If this keeps up, we'll have to stop calling him "the monster," won't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jeolous!! I miss Bear Lake. Maybe next summer :(

    ReplyDelete